Get Doncaster Mind to Rio”. Is part of a bigger programme called “Get Set to Go”. This programme is to support 75,000 people with mental health problems to take up sport to help with their mental wellbeing.
To support this programme and to increase awareness of these difficulties we are planning to complete multiple sporting fundraising events to total the number of miles from Doncaster, England to Rio De Janeiro, Brazil. The total number of miles we need to complete by Saturday 5 August is 5,848 miles which works out 293 miles each day! Our challenge will run from Saturday 16 July and finish on Thursday 4 August 2016.
Who can join in? – Anyone can join in
- Are you taking part in a sporting event or activities – Cycling, Running, Swimming – Raise funds and donate your miles to us.
- Are you part of a local group and could organise an event where your members could participate in an activity and you could donate your miles and possibly raise funds for us.
How can you help? – You can help by either planning an event yourself for example:
- Whenever you take part in a sporting event or activity raise funds through sponsorship and donate your miles to us
- Within your local group, organise an event where your members could participate in an activity and donate your miles and possibly raise funds for us
- Lakeside Village – Help power our stationary bikes, and clock up some miles for us. 10 mins slots available throughout the day on Sunday 24 July 10.00am until 16.30pm
- Donate your daily step count by donating £5 to our Just Giving Site and we will include your steps/miles towards our total goal.
- Donate you can do this via Just Giving by using the following link: https://campaign.justgiving.com/charity/donmind/rio
If you are interested in helping us achieve our goal and raise funds to enable us to support more people to get involved with exercise and sports please contact us.
Contact Laura on 01302 812190 email: email@example.com or see our website for further information www.doncastermind.org.uk